Golden Milk




I have been suffering from a severe cold for over a month. It doesn't seem to go away. Even the boys got it two times within a month, no thanks to the hot weather and the constant construction and congested roads.
Please don't make me start on how annoying congested and polluted our roads are here in Male City, its embarrassing!  So instead of talking about things we have no power over, let's just talk about my recipe before I blow up about congested streets and talk about my congested nose and throat right?

Anyway my congested nose and throat, along with the boys' asthma attacks, which come with the cold, was really getting to me.  I needed something that had some soothing results. I have heard of the benefits of turmeric for quite some time.

So after a night of coughing which led to a lack of sleep,  I was struggling to do my household chores and also try and catch up on my blog, when I thought of trying this tumeric milk. I looked it up and made myself one. Had another glass at night and went to bed, and you know what, I felt pretty good the next morning. Yes, I did wake up with a coughing fit but not as bad as before and my body felt a lot more rejuvenated. Now have made up my mind I will try and have a glass of this stuff at least once a day. Its supposed to have a lot of health benefits and I am not a big fan of plain milk.  Even the boys liked it, phew!!!

Recipe: Golden Milk aka tumeric milk recipe adapted from this recipe found on pinterest.

for 1 

1 cup milk
1/4 tsp turmeric or even some grated fresh turmeric (I  had some frozen)
1/4 tsp grated ginger
 tiny pinch of ground black pepper
1-inch piece of cinnamon 
sugar or honey to taste

Place all ingredients except sugar/honey into a small saucepan. Place over medium heat, and bring to a boil. As soon as it starts to boil and froth up, bring the milk to a simmer for a minute then switch off. Place the lid and let the flavours steep into the milk for about 5-10 minutes.


Strain to a mug or cup add sugar/honey to taste and serve warm. 

Hope all are in good health and enjoy the day!

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather, Nammi. This golden milk definitely helps as I have been eating turmeric and ginger almost daily and can't remember when I last had a cold. Here we have a freezing cold weather (now it's -6c) and it will stay like this until weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having cold can really get on your nerves.

    Turmeric and ginger are definitely the home remedies to turn when down with cold. I have had turmeric milk - but never with ginger in it. I should try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you were sick Nammi, this golden milk sounds delicious , feel better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turmeric is such a thing now! And I hope it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you and your boys will get well soon. Both my kids are at home as well, also the flu. I like golden milk also, but as I am also not so much into milk I often stir the turmeric paste or spice mixture into hot water, add some lemon juice and have that as tea. Great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for checking out my posts, please leave a comment or two....